From the article: Spinosaurus vs. Sarcosuchus - Who Wins?
Do you agree with the outcome of this battle between Spinosaurus and Sarcosuchus? Do you disagree? Register your opinion here! Name Your Winner!
- Spinosaurus is the winner because it will set its foot on crocs head and tear out
- —Guest niranjan
- Sounds like a few of you took Jurassic Park a bit too seriously. The scenario described is actually quite logical. If the second largest crocodile, Deinosuchus, could pull down a Tyrannosaur, then the Largest one, Sarcosuchus, could surely do the same to a Spinosaurus. I think that a Spinosaurus would not even go back into the fray once it managed to free itself, and suppose Sarchosuchus didn't bother with the wounded land predator anymore. the Spinosaurus would have probably ran off to a safer distance. An attack like that would've have more than likley rendered it's leg broken. Be mindful that the top land predator today is the Grizzly Bear, and a full grown salt-water crocodile is quite capable of bringing one of those down today, and crocodiles in Africa attack lions on the Nile.
- —Guest Colin Charles
Either way, but...
- Well i belive it could have gone either way, i'm going to just play the Spinosaur's advocate, even though i belive both sides had equal chance of winning, but seeing as Sarchosuchus was the winner, i'll state why i belive Spinosaurus could have won. Although it might have been mostly a fish eater, it's teeth were still meant for gripping, Fish or not, and could have gotten a grip on the sarchosuchus to move it into a vulnerable position to then slay it with it's claws, and even then, without it's jaw grip, in a struggle, (even if Spinosaurus's claws couldn't penetrate Sarchosuchus's armor) Spinosaurus could have dealt several damaging, and possbily lethal (at least damaging enough to force the croc to let go) claw wounds to the soft unprotected underbelly, throat and such.
- —Guest PredalienPlush
- it is the biggest carnivore dino and has a habit of killing others
- —Guest farhan
Element of Surprise
- Of course with the element of surprise on its side the croc would have a huge advantage, but if they both met face to face to battle then the Spinosaur would need only tire out his cold-blooded opponent and could do so easily being larger and lighter with longer arms and legs, then it'd be free to chow down on the croc!
- —Guest Spidey
Tko pobjeđuje? Spino ili sarcosuchus?
- SPINOSAURUS PROTIV SARCOSUCHUSA Nema dvojbe da je spinosaurus bio veći, teži i pemetniji os sarcosuchusa, pa je sarcosuchus uskoro ubijen.
- —Guest spinosaurus
- Sarcosuchus is adapted for killing and eating giant therapods like spinosaurs. So, it will win
- —Guest Sarcosuchus
- easy win. sarco couldnt have bitten the spinosaur for it to be lethal. spino is massive and has a sail for the water. w/the spino thrashing with its meat hooks for claws it wouldve hit sarco. first, sarco isnt strong enough to pull a massive spino into the water. sarco wouldve lost the spino easily wins in height and the sarco couldnt reach it. spino wins hands down
- —Guest r
- If that croc wouldve clamp down on spiny's neck. Spiny's thick muscles and dense bones wouldve prevent serious injuries. 6-15 feet long arms and claws the size steak knives wouldve flailed around, hitting the croc in vulnerable spots such as the eye socket, neck, and even at the sides of the jaws of super croc.
- —Guest unknown
- Sarcosushus will because he's jaw power ove 18,000 pond and if got spinosaurus he can pull him underwater and deathroll
- —Guest Sarcosuchus
Spinosaurus would win
- Spinosaurus is bigger and could easily roll the sarc and bite its non armored part.And they had long arms
- the sarc grabs spino's leg spino gets on all fours for stability and since the sarc's main weapon is preoccupied with spino's leg it leaves his whole body exposed for counterattack. also the spino is extremely large. the death roll only works if the prey weighs less enough to be spun. also they live practically next to each other, the spino would most likely know about the large predators in the water since he probably competes with them for food. also because spino may be warmer-blooded he would have more stamina. also (bad source) but have any of you seen Jurassic park, the spino owned a full grown trex fairly easily so that means that the spino would cross paths and have to fight large predators on a regular basis. and a spino would be completely in the water and possibly could swim just as good or better than a sarc because he has to propel his larger body and taking into consideration his strong arms and large claws the spino would win most of the time.
- it is not possible for a spinosaurs to be thrown down like that, they would go in deep water to eat. they swam around alot and most corcoidles are not that smart. a spino would also be much faster than super croc. it could get up quickly and snap its jwas around super corcos bodys killing it. super corc would not win a fight agiansit a full grown spinosaurous
- —Guest sarah
- The reason why spino would win is cuz spino a dino and sarch is a reptile reptiles tire quickly wether as dinos don't and powerful legs don't you mean short and stubby legs sarch is in reach of getting sliced to peices sarch couldn't jump that high and spino could keep his jaws down until he tires and then either step on him break back or jaw(depending on where spino steps)or slash him to peices with meat hook claws.And how come spino gets down and drinks he can just get in the water completely?Spino is also longer and had same jaw power(roughly)and if sarch was full already why would it risk getting killed in battle?Obviosly we have another group of people who hate spinosuarus to the bone and always think that it should be killed by everysingle dinosaur and dinosaurrelated creature that lives.
- —Guest REECE
Spino Is Awesome!!!
- Spinosaurus lacks armor, but it has a hight advantage and better claws. I think it would retreat, but Sarcosuchus tries for one last bite and crawls out of the water. Spino whips around and rakes its claws down the crocs flank, where the armor is thinner than on top. Supercroc flees to the water, bleeding profusely.
- —Guest Buddy
1-15 of 55Next